Leveraging the popular WordPress plugin WooCommerce with your LearnDash course can greatly increase your sales and course engagement. LearnDash comes with selling functionality. If you only utilize LearnDash’s selling functionality, you’d be limiting your options in terms of selling power. This now puts you at a disadvantage. WooCommerce is a top choice for shopping cart software because of its extended functionality, unmatched by any of its competitors.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a flexible, open-source eCommerce solution built for WordPress. Originally started as a theme development platform in 2008, they were acquired by Automattic in 2015 and transitioned to eCommerce in 2017. Today, they are the most popular way to build an eCommerce store, even surpassing popular alternatives like Shopify.
Its mission is to democratize commerce and put users in control of their livelihood, keeping their core platform free and open-source.
Why Use WooCommerce & LearnDash?
They are many benefits for utilizing Woo for your LearnDash course, including:
- The community
- Premium Plugins for almost anything
- Extended Support/Custom Dev
- More control over the checkout experience
- Gateways (Stripe, PayPal, Others, or Custom)
- Customize the My Account area for your customers
- Sell Other Products
(DTG, drop-shipped, virtual, subscriptions, and more)
- More control over the emails sent to course enrollees
- Coupons & discounts
- Bundling (one price!)
- And more!
Click here to understand how subscriptions work with WooCommerce & LearnDash.
Below is a walkthrough demo of using WooCommerce with the LearnDash LMS plugin:
Why You May Not Want to Utilize WooCommerce with LearnDash
Some reasons you may not want to utilize the plugin:
- If you are looking for a quick and simple setup, this may not be the correct plugin for you. WooCommerce has a bit of a learning curve, resulting in a delay in launching your LearnDash course.
- If you are relatively new to the LMS world and have a small number of courses and a small audience.