Understanding and Setting Up User Registration for WordPress
The next LearnDash webinar will be covering user registration. Firstly, we will cover how LearnDash leverages WordPress’s registration system, tips on how you could improve your user experience, setting up and customizing the included login popup, and other free or premium options for account creation. Moreover, The goal is to create a simple login for visitors without any hassle.
Why you want users to be registered on your LearnDash site:
- So you know who is commenting on blog posts and other articles.
- Allows authors to register so they add and edit content no your site.
LearnDash User Registration is Through WordPress
- It leverages Core WordPress
- Exposes functions that are already there
- It combines logging in and registering
What Will Be Covered
- Understanding how WordPress & LearnDash handle registration
- Reviewing & setting up the LearnDash login/registration popup
- Review other free and premium registration options
- Tips for better user experiences
- Example use-cases
Tips to Improve User Registration
LearnDash provides six tips for your online course to improve user experience.
- Brand your login page to cut down on confusion
- Send automated emails configuring registration
- Encourage them to protect their account
- Use conditional logic to update the front end once learners log in.
- Create an online orientation walkthrough for your course
- Encourage your learners to fill in their profile
Below is a walkthrough demo: